The Leadership Lounge is a co-mentoring program for the higher ed community featuring monthly group conversations with a panel of well-known college and university CIOs. The Lounge is open to all aspiring leaders seeking input from your higher ed peers and community leaders.
You’ll have the opportunity to discuss leadership questions and current issues in an informal setting while interacting with a small group of peers and mentors. This model offers additional depth and diversity to mentoring conversations while helping you expand your network and make meaningful connections in the community.
The Mentoring Team
- Jacquelyn Bailey, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Brian Basgen, Emerson College
- Cathy Bates, Vantage Technology Consulting Group
- Michael Berman, Vantage Technology Consutling Group
- Steve Burrell, Northern Arizona University
- Dan Harder, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Daren Hubbard, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tara Hughes, California State University Maritime Academy
- Tom Jackson, North Carolina A&T State University
- Kirk Kelly, Vantage Technology Consulting Group
- Leah Kraus, North Carolina Central University
- Orlando Leon, East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Jane Livingston, University of Notre Dame
- Keith McIntosh, University of Richmond
- Vijay Menta, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Michele Norin, Rutgers University
- Helen Norris, Chapman University
- Tej Patel, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Sharon Pitt, Brown University
- Rashmi Radhakrishnan, Arcadia University
- José Rodriguez, Pomona College
- David Seidl, Miami University
- Stan Waddell, Carnegie Mellon University
- Melissa Woo, Michigan State University
- Sherri Yerk-Zwickl, Campbell University
Open to All, Free of Charge
Vantage proudly supports the Leadership Lounge program, which is offered free of charge. The mentoring team believes that current and aspiring leaders need varied opportunities to learn and grow. We know first-hand how valuable mentoring is for professional development and personal growth. We recognize and thank the CIOs on the team; they exemplify the spirit of giving back that inspired this program and make it possible.
How It Works
Multiple 90-minute mentoring sessions are offered each month through our Eventbrite registration platform. Registration is free, but limited to 10 participants and 4 mentors per session. Between mentoring sessions, cohort participants are encouraged to continue discussions and share resources in our Slack workspace.
All Leadership Lounge mentoring sessions are hosted virtually using the Zoom platform. Once your Eventbrite registration is confirmed, each participant will receive a calendar invitation with connection details. Please note: Candid conversations are valuable for those learning about leadership, so these meetings will not be recorded.
The January-March cohort sessions are full. Join the Leadership Lounge notification list to be contacted when the April – June 2023 cohort is open. Questions? Contact Valerie Vogel, Shannon Dunn, or Sarah Norwood.
For additional mentoring opportunities that support higher ed IT professionals, see EDUCAUSE Mentoring Programs and Resources.
Vantage consultants offer comprehensive strategic technology planning and management services, with expertise in business continuity planning, disaster avoidance, and recovery planning; organizational development and transition planning; and financial modeling and assessments.