Do you have a passion for technology? Are you interested in pursuing the challenging and exciting opportunities that Vantage has to offer?
Current Openings at Vantage
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in technology design for Higher Education and Healthcare as well as K-12, commercial, life sciences, civic, and public market sectors. We provide technology strategy, infrastructure engineering, system design, and implementation support services for our clients. Our projects are located across the country with industry-leading clients in all sectors. As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, and people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment. Vantage is looking for a BIM Specialist who has 1-2 years’ experience to join our Design and Engineering team. We are looking for an applicant who has a strong interest in BIM and in technology.
What You Will Do
As a BIM Specialist, you will work with all members of the company helping to document the technology design provided by the Subject Matter Experts (SME) along with discussing modeling standards with our architectural clients. You will be responsible for setting up the models, drafting the designs, coordinating the Bluebeam sessions, and facilitating review and issuance of projects to our clients. Our projects vary in size with complex technology requirements. You will assist in the design, scheduling, and coordination with the other team members on your projects. You will:
- Work with the Project Manager to review or create the BIM Execution Plan, meet design deadlines, and assist with creating PDFs or other documents as needed throughout the project.
- Manage the model within Revit and create all sheets for the SMEs.
- Be responsible for drafting the design, direction and markups as provided by the SMEs.
- Be a part of the team and work with the PM and SME to create a clear and accurate drawing set.
- Be able to work with the Vantage drafting standards to provide a consistent look for our product.
- Be able to review your own work and confirm all markups and design has been addressed prior to submitting to the PMs or SMEs.
- Understand the phases for design of a construction project including SD, DD, CD.
- Reports to the BIM Manager to determine all modeling practices, procedures, and standards.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality work a must.
What You Will Need
- 1 to 2 years’ professional experience with Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience with BIM360 and/or a central model.
- Understanding of schedules, work-sets, phasing and filters in Revit a plus.
- Understand Bluebeam sessions and be able to manage and utilize Bluebeam.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment with all levels of coworkers, colleagues, and clients.
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- A self-starter with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities concurrently while requiring little oversight and/or direction.
- Understanding of the design and milestone delivery phases in the production of construction documents.
- An Architecture Degree, Engineering Degree, Architecture Drafting Associate Degree, Architecture Technology Diploma or Architecture & Engineering Degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Construction industry a plus.
- Knowledge of IT, audiovisual and/or security systems design a plus.
- Flexible hours and hybrid office/work from home structure
- Ideally located near the Concord or LA office. If located elsewhere periodic travel to one of the primary offices may be required.
Why should you join us?
- We have a culture of lifelong learning where you will continually hone your existing skills and learn new ones in both formal and on-the-job training.
- You will get to work on exciting and challenging projects for industry-leading clients across the US and overseas.
- You’ll be working in a field that’s constantly evolving, helping your clients deploy and utilize technology systems to improve their operations in a meaningful way, and making a positive difference in the communities where we work.
- Our adaptable working practices and collaborative technology systems will allow you to blend working from home and flexible hours to match your particular circumstances.
- You’ll work in a small firm, unencumbered by big firm structures, that is agile, and continuously improving where your voice will be heard and your opinion valued.
Please contact Michelle Welchhance at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if interested in applying.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law. Typically, we seek individuals with a minimum 4-year university degree in engineering, physics, or related STEM disciplines.