Originally constructed in 1961 and serving over 10 million Angelenos, the Los Angeles County Hall of Records is a historical landmark of downtown Los Angeles.
The Department of Consumer and Business Affairs, located on the ground level, offers public services including the LA County Office of Small Business, Consumer Credit and Identity Assistance, and Small Claims Mediation. With a public space as well as private offices, Vantage helped in creating a safe and secure environment for staff and the public. Card access systems were designed to secure staff areas and physical security systems were implemented for public safety. Working with Gonzalez Goodale Architects and the rest of the design team, Vantage led the AV, IT, and security system design to renovate the DCBA to serve the public.
The seventh-floor of the Hall of Records is a pilot project to develop a new workplace standard of working for the County, transitioning to an open office environment. Vantage, along with SmithGroup and the design team, developed standards in new approaches to workplace architecture and technologies. By piloting the new workplace strategies, the County saves time and costs when implementing across other County offices.
One of the main challenges for Vantage and the design team was renovating the existing space while preserving the historical architecture of the building. Designing flexible infrastructure allows the County to maintain the historical integrity of the building while future- proofing for the next generation of technologies. Vantage also worked directly with the Information Technology Services department to maintain their strict guidelines for telecommunications requirements and helped them to develop and refine new audiovisual system standards along with room scheduling for all meeting spaces.
- Flexible infrastructure preserves the historical building while future-proofing for evolving technologies.
- Creating standards for workplace strategies saves time and costs when implementing across the County.
- Renovated spaces create a welcoming environment to the public and staff and updated security systems enhance safety for the public and staff
- Architectural Design Support
- Technology Visioning
- System Design
- Project Management
- Audiovisual Systems
- Unified Communications
- Data Networking
- IT Systems
- Data Center
- Security Systems
- Sound Masking
- Room Scheduling
- Client: Los Angeles County
- Architect: SmithGroup / Gonzalez Goodale Architects
- Builder: MTM Construction
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Market: Public Sector
- Facility: Offices and Public Space
- Size: 55,000 SF