Jon Young, GSLC
Jon has over 23 years of experience leading and transforming IT organizations. He is platform and cloud agnostic, building teams, systems and networks with a risk-informed approach to security, reliability, disaster recovery and scalability.
Focusing on the higher education and healthcare markets, Jon manages projects in our strategic consulting service and contributes to our firm’s thought leadership in:
- Information security, privacy, and data governance
- IT governance and policy development
- IT risk management, compliance, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Network design and architecture
- Organizational dynamics and transformation
- Funding models for campus IT
Jon started his career on the help desk of a major university working his way up to systems/network administration becoming the senior IT leader in several higher-ed and corporate organizations primarily focusing on repairing dysfunctional groups. Jon misspent his undergraduate years studying Nuclear Engineering at the University of Florida, Gainesville. He is a member of the Association of Technology Professionals in Higher Education (ACUTA now replaced by the ATUCA group) presenting frequently at their conferences. He is also a member of EDUCAUSE and a Member, holds a SANS GIAC GSLC certification and is a member of the SANS GIAC Advisory Board.