The (W)RAPPER Tower is a 16-story creative office building located in Los Angeles, California alongside the Expo Light Rail Line.
This unique building has many interesting features starting with the steel bands covering the building’s exterior like a spider web. These structures support the tower and serve as an exoskeleton rather than interior columns. The wide-open floors in the building have varying heights and the elevator is attached to the side of the building so it does not waste space in the tower’s center.
Vantage was brought on to design the cable risers and coordinate the conduit routing from the main point of entry to each floor and to the roof. Since each floor is a giant open space with exposed concrete, the project required significant coordination with the architect to model all end devices through the conduit in the concrete floor slabs to the technology rooms.
We also designed the technology infrastructure to support wireless networking through along with other low voltage services including telecommunications, security cameras, access control readers, parking management systems.
“There is a lot of innovation, hope and aspiration in that one building.”
Frederick Samitaur Smith, Developer
The building is scheduled for completion in 2021.
(Project renderings from the (W)RAPPER Tower website)
- Coordinated extensively with the architect to ensure that all conduits were properly placed in the concrete slab from the end devices to the technology rooms
- Designed a robust infrastructure to support wireless networking throughout the building
- Modelled all technology using Revit BIM
- Infrastructure Design
- System Design
- Installation Oversight
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Systems
- Wireless Network
- Client: Samitaur Constructs
- Architect: Eric Owen Moss Architects
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Market: Corporate
- Facility: Creative Office Building
- Size: 180,000 square feet
- Completion Date: 2021