In its first major renovation since construction in 1971, USC’s David X. Marks Tennis Stadium received new network infrastructure, sound, and audiovisual systems. The renovation included new court and bleacher PA systems, AV-equipped locker rooms, team meeting rooms, lounges, and a sophisticated new courtside analytics recording system.
The new public entrance and lobby now welcomes fans and visitors and displays the rich history of USC tennis. In addition, the new Student-Athelete Learning Studio supports direct collaboration between coaches, staff and athletes on a daily basis and the facility added training rooms, a racket stringing room and a large multi-purpose room. Spectator seating was significantly expanded, with new shade canopies, a new elevator and outdoor WiFi. A new fiber optic infrastructure to support PAC-12 network broadcasts including multiple camera connection locations and a remote broadcast truck hookup panel.
Among the new technology is a 44-camera HD PlaySight system covering all six courts that uses advanced image processing and analytical algorithms to capture and log stroke type, ball trajectory, speed and spin, in-depth shot data, player movement, line calls and other sport-specific metrics.
The sessions are automatically live-streamed and hosted on the PlaySight cloud where coaches, players and teammates can review and share stats via the web on a smartphone, tablet or PC. The video and analytics can also be viewed immediately at a courtside kiosk with zoom, slow-motion and camera switching controls. The streaming system shows all courts and match scores using data captured from the scoreboard system so fans can log in and watch games live, in progress.
- Audio, video and streaming systems support team goals, and enhance the visitor and athletic experience
- Advanced court recording technology improves team performance, tracking, and competitive success
- Broadcast connectivity enables the stadium to serve as a valuable training facility and PAC-12 destination venue
- Technology Program Development
- System Design and Documentation
- RFP Development/Vendor Selection
- Implementation Oversight
- Infrastructure Planning
- Architectural/Engineering Design Support
- Fiber Networks
- Structured Cabling
- Wireless Access
- Audio and Video Presentation Systems
- Digital Signage
- Public Address System
- Client: University of Southern California
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Project Type: Stadium
- Facility: Tennis Stadium
- Architect: DLR Group