University of California San Francisco
Precision Cancer Medicine Building
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) mission is to combine best research, the best teaching and the best patient care to deliver breakthroughs that help heal the world. UCSF brings together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health.
The new Precision Cancer Medicine Building (PCMB) is a 170,000 square foot, six-story outpatient facility will unite researchers and clinicians to deliver the best personalized treatments to cancer patients. With 120 exam rooms, 45 infusion bays with private spaces and social areas, 3 radiation oncology rooms and an MRI simulator, imaging and diagnostic suites, and lab services, the new facility can support more patients and provide same-day, same-site treatment.
Vantage is working with Stantect, the architect, and Rudolf and Sletten, the general contractor, and the rest of the design build team to carry out the vision of the center which is to:
- Care for patients
- Forward the health of the community
- Drive innovation in cancer diagnostics and treatments
Through collaborative visioning sessions with patients, faulty, staff, and the design team, the building layout and systems reflect patient-centered care, innovation and teaching, and operational efficiencies. The resource and support services center is a critical component to patient care, housing friendship support groups, social work, and psychological services to heal all aspects of the patient.
Vantage is managing the design of the telecommunications, audiovisual, security, and nurse call systems.
“By enhancing access to treatments that go beyond the standard of care and by easing the emotional burdens of dealing with a devastating disease, the PCMB exemplifies the future of cancer care.”
Alan Ashworth, PhD, FRS, President UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Allows for the treatment of more patients and will support the projected patient capacity
- Consolidates services within one building allows for same-day, same-site imaging, treatment, and supportive care, allowing patients to focus on their health and not worry about travel logistics
- Technology Program Development
- System Design and Documentation
- RFP Development
- Implementation Oversight
- Infrastructure Planning
- Architectural/Engineering Design Support
- Structured Cabling
- Audiovisual Systems
- Digital Media
- Distance Learning
- Security Systems
- Client: University of California San Francisco
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Project Type: Healthcare
- Facility: Outpatient Cancer Facility
- Architect: Stantec
- General Contractor: Rudolf and Sletten
- Delivery Method: Design-Build
- Size: 170,000 square feet