In January 2017, Valley Health System announced plans to build a modern, state-of-the-art, 900,000 square-foot, 372-bed hospital in Paramus, New Jersey. The new facility will allow Valley to repurpose its current campus in Ridgewood for a broad range of healthcare services including outpatient services, urgent care center, and laboratory, radiology and endoscopy services.
The “New” Valley Hospital will incorporate cutting-edge technology and the latest innovations and best practices in healthcare facility design. It is being designed from the ground up to integrate innovative technology and the flexibility required to accommodate new and emerging healthcare models. Vantage was brought in to manage the Technology Visioning process for the new facility. Through a series of information discovery meetings and visioning workshops with the hospital core team and HDR, we developed a comprehensive Technology Plan that described what technologies, integrations and infrastructures are recommended for The New Valley Hospital.
Our final report analyzed all technology systems and their related sub-systems and made recommendations for what systems and infrastructure should be installed for “Day One” of operation. In addition, the Technology Plan outlined goals for the technology system including the interactions with the patients, staff, other technology systems and other components of The New Valley Hospital.
Continuing our work with the design team, Vantage is designing all low voltage and healthcare technology systems, including AV, IT, Security, Nurse Call, and Real Time Location Systems, that will meet the Technology Plan goal.
Construction for The New Valley Hospital will begin in 2019 and the grand opening is planned for 2023.
Renderings courtesy of HDR
- Identified the key use cases where technology can be leveraged to improve patient care, patient and family engagement, staff communication, clinical systems and medical center operations
- Prioritized what technologies and systems to focus on during each step of the design phase and provided Last Responsible Moment dates for making technology-related decisions
- Documented requirements of the physical infrastructure needed to the support all technology systems
- Developed rough-order-of-magnitude (ROM) cost estimates for all technologies
- Strategic Planning
- Technology Visioning
- Technology System Design
- Audiovisual Systems
- Patient Engagement
- IT Infrastructure
- Nurse Call
- Real Time Location Systems
- Security Systems
- Unified Communications
- Wireless Network
- Client: The New Valley Hospital
- Location: Paramus, NJ
- Project Type: Healthcare
- Delivery Method: Design-Build
- Architect: HDR