The Music Center (officially named the Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles County) is one of the largest performing arts centers in the United States. Located in downtown Los Angeles, The Music Center is home to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Ahmanson Theater, Mark Taper Forum, Roy and Edna Disney / CalArts Theatre, and Walt Disney Concert Hall. Each year, The Music Center welcomes more than 1.3 million people to performances, on-going community events, arts festivals, outdoor concernts and educational programs.
The Music Center is creating improvements in the pedestrian area in between the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Mark Taper Forum and Ahmanson Theater. The project consists of five new pavilion spaces supporting a café, retail space and a restaurant. The exterior center courtyard will also include new technologies that will support external wireless network coverage, security cameras, event speakers and multiple media-hydrant connections throughout facilitating power and audiovisual/data connectivity for staged events.
After a comprehensive review of the existing facilities with the various departments within The Music Center (including Media Services, IT, Facilities and Security), Vantage created a detailed plan to document the current site pathways in concert with the new infrastructure model to ensure growth capabilities for the Performing Arts Center.
Vantage provided strategic and technical services from the initial conceptual stage of the project through the design to ensure maximum flexibility and capacity for growth in the Center’s Media Services and Information Technology groups.
- Developed a flexible site infrastructure solution to support a wide range of live events.
- Built in capabilities for future expansion of audiovisual and data signal distribution across the property and into the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.
- Created a comfortable and secure environment for a popular and iconic location
- Program Development
- System Assessment & Planning
- System Design and Documentation
- Implementation Oversight
- Infrastructure Planning
- Structured Cabling
- IT Systems
- Audiovisual Systems
- Digital Media
- Broadcast Support
- Security Systems
- Event Power Planning
- Client: The Music Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Project Type: Public
- Facility: Pedrestrian Walkway
- Architect: Rios Clementi Hale Studios