Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 3,000 on-campus students, over 90,000 online students and an alumni network of over 84,000, making it one of the fastest growing universities in the nation. SNHU is committed to reinventing higher education to fit the needs of today’s students and workforce.
To further develop cutting-edge educational practices, SNHU started the Sandbox ColLABorative as an in-house consultancy and “academic” research and development trends focused on innovation and emerging trends in education and the marketplace.
The Sandbox ColLABorative will examine and test new strategies and innovations for improving teaching methods or streamlining processes. The ColLABorative will also serve external needs for finding and developing untapped markets and audiences for cutting-edge education.
The Sandbox is also the physical space featuring:
- Presentation space with stadium-style seating with full or split-screen projects and whiteboard
- Caves with projectors and floor-to-ceiling whiteboard walls for brainstorming and creative sessions for 1-6 people
- Restaurant-style booths perfect for group huddles and more intimate conversations
- Kitchen with communal table accommodating up to 20 people
- Couches for lounging and conversation with colleagues which are ideal for up to 12 people
- Conference room with 3 whiteboard walls for the ultimate in collaboration and privacy
- Open and flexible spaces designed to encourage collaboration and interaction
- Place to ideate, research, develop, analyze, and test ideas
- Program Development
- System Design and Documentation
- Architectural / Engineering Design Support
- IT Infrastructure
- Location: Manchester , NH
- Project Type: Education
- Facility: Academic presentation and collaboration spaces
- Client: Southern New Hampshire University
- Architect: Perry Dean Rogers
- Completion Date: 2017