Penn State University
The flagship campus of Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) is located in University Park, PA. This research campus was founded in 1855 and currently enrolls 41,000 undergraduate and 6,500 graduate students.
Penn State embarked on an expansion and renovation project of the Hetzel Union Building (HUB)-Robeson Center, commonly referred to as the HUB. The project transformed the existing HUB student union by renovating 52,000 square feet and by adding 55,000 square feet.
The new HUB serves as a center for student activity on the Penn State campus and features a dramatic undulating glass-and-steel canopy over the main gathering space.
Other amenities in the new building include:
- A new 150-seat Multipurpose Flex Theater for live performances and media viewing
- An updated Penn State Bookstore on the mezzanine level
- The first green roof at Penn State for outdoor seating and collaboration
- The THON retail store and philanthropy headquarters
- Student leadership headquarters
- Multipurpose meeting rooms for student organizations
- Informal gathering and collaboration spaces
Vantage was responsible for planning and designing the technology infrastructure to support collaboration and innovation for this place which is a primary campus gathering space.
- Serves as social hub for the university
- Uses technologies to enhance the connectivity in all the multipurpose rooms and gathering space
- Encourages greater visibility of student leadership
- Technology Program Development
- Systems Design and Documentation
- Infrastructure Planning
- Architectural / Engineering Design Support
- Structured Cabling
- Audiovisual Systems
- Digital Media Systems
- Client: Penn State University
- Market: Education
- Location: University Park, PA
- Architects: Gund Partnership
- Project Type: Student Life