The new eleven-story, 372,000-sf O Street Office Building represents an important opportunity to provide collaborative working environments for three state service organizations: the California Health and Human Services Agency (CHHS), the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS), and the California Department of State Hospitals.
The workplace strategy provides enhanced value for the project and addresses the client’s Critical Success Factors in several ways by creating progressive, innovative and varied workplaces that enhance team collaboration and human performance. These environments are distinguished by open, day-lit, flexible loft spaces that are planned to optimize environmental amenities for all and to respond to the changing needs of the building’s occupants over time.
The workplace strategy incorporates futureproofing innovations to add value with a smart building approach to the shell and core design. Daylighting, external shading, energy efficiency, and other proven sustainable strategies provide innovation without undue risk to the project. Innovations are focused on increased transparency and connectivity solutions that further human health and wellness and both individual and team productivity.
- Uses technologies to encourage a collaborative culture of transparency
- Includes modern office strategies, behaviors and flexible technologies to attract and retain future generations of employees
- Supports the three key technology principles of transparency, sustainability and activity acknowledging that people work in diverse ways, at different times, and with generational and technological variables
Technology Project Management
Intelligent Building Integration
Systems Design and Development
Architectural/Engineering Design Support
Video Surveillance and Access Control
Information Technology Infrastructure and Structured Cabling System
Centralized Remote Management Systems
Digital Signage & Scheduling Systems
- Client: State of California
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Project Type: Public Sector
- Facility: Office Building
- Architect: ZGF / Lionakis