The Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA) is a specialized high school program that combines college preparatory instruction with visual and performing arts conservatory-style training. The Charter High School, routinely recognized for the quality of its programs and housed on the California State University Los Angeles Campus, serves 600 high school students of the arts.
Vantage performed design and implementation support for classroom, theater, and amphitheater technologies. The facility also has a film studies room with broadcast support spaces that include theatrical grid lighting and adjacent control and edit rooms.
The music laboratory features individual stations for students to learn and practice music making, mixing, and editing. Each station is equipped with the latest in music production and software that students can create professional records. The integrated technologies in the classroom allows for easy playback and collaboration.
A large 50’ x 50’ black box theater is part of the facility, where Vantage designed the high-level audiovisual systems for the support of presentations and theatrical performances and broadcasts. Vantage also designed theatrical lighting and control, stage curtains and theatrical states, riser and seating.
The outside amphitheater boasts weekly concerts and live performances by high school students, college departments, and professional musicians and performers and has become a premier venue to showcase talent.
- Enhances a national program of the arts as it enters its next quarter century
- Continues to foster its award-winning leaders in music, theater, dance and the visual arts
- Allows for more students to enroll with upgraded and new facilities
- Provides mentoring opportunities with college students through joint use with CSU Los Angeles
- Architectural Design Support
- Theatrical Systems Design
- Audiovisual Design
- Broadcast Systems
- Black Box Theater Audio Visual Design
- Interactive Classroom Systems
- Outside Audiovisual Design
- Outside Lighting System
- Client: Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA)
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Market: Education
- Project Type: Classrooms, Black Box and Outside Amphitheater
- Architect: HMC