City of Fontana
The City of Fontana is located in San Bernadino County, 50 miles east of Los Angeles. With over 210,000 in population, Fontana is a regional hub of the trucking industry and is also home to the Auto Club Speedway and Fontana Kaiser Permanente.
Miller Park is centrally located near downtown, the City offices and the Fontana library along the Pacific Electric biking trail. Before the new Miller Amphitheater was built, Miller Park held summer concerts and events using a small, portable stage. With the new permanent stage, video and audio connections, landscaping and a water feature, the Miller Park now has a community focal point that will be able to host performances all year long.
Features of the new Miller Amphitheater include:
- 2,000 square-foot covered stage
- Large paved dance floor
- Turf grass with berms for elevated viewing
- Decorative water feature
- Infrastructure for external video surveillance and public grounds WiFi
- Audiovisual infrastructure and power to accommodate live event production including a central site control and mixing point
Vantage developed flexible infrastructure designs for cables, optimized the sizing and placement of a portable screen for media viewing and determined the connections and placement for the speaker system. We helped the city plan for external public free wireless data connectivity and for comprehensive video CCTV coverage for public safety. Knowing that the amphitheater will be used for many years, we also built in flexible audio and video cabling to anticipate future needs.
- Developed flexible infrastructure designs for cables, connects and speaker system placement
- Optimized the sizing and placement of the portable screen for the best viewing experience
- Built in flexible audio and video cabling to anticipate future needs
- Infrastructure Design
- IT Infrastructure
- Client: City of Fontana, CA
- Location: Fontana, CA
- Project Type: Civic
- Architect: BMLA Landscape Architecture