City of Brea
City Council Chambers
The City Council in Brea, CA renovated its Chambers to address aging technology and materials, and the desire to make the Chambers more accessible for people with disabilities.
Vantage was brought on board, by the architectural team and the City to design an upgrade to the audio visual system to address the specific issues affecting the audio and to reinstate the use of the large 8 foot x 25 foot rear projection screen for new digital materials for use during City Council Meetings.
Upgrades to the audio visual systems includes individual monitor screens for City Council Members and three separate large rear-projected digital images for public viewing. A new video production switcher was included to accommodate the current cameras and plan for future HD deployment. A new audio system, including a digital linked mixing board, was deployed to assist in the easy setup of Council Sessions via standard presets for control staff. Voting support and audio discussion systems are included to help the meeting recording process allowing for comprehensive digital record keeping.
A new ADA compliant presentation podium was part of the solution, and includes a timing beacon and presenter microphone.
- Improved connectivity to local television station and a web streaming service for more public accessibility and transparency to Council meetings
- Configured the 25 foot wide rear project screen to improve presentation capabilities during Council meetings
- Increased efficiences at Council meetings with a total audiovisual refresh of the facility
- Infrastructure Design
- Installation Oversight
- System Design
- Digital Media
- IT Infrastructure
- Nurse Call
- Patient Simulation
- Wireless Network
- Client: City of Brea
- Location: Brea, CA
- Project Type: Public Sector
- Facility: City Council Chambers
- Architect: Gonzalez Goodale Architects