Located in the Playa Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, the Cedars-Sinai Playa Vista Physician Office and Urgent Care clinic is designed to appeal to the diverse demographics of the adjacent tech community of “Silicon Beach” by providing convenient access to high-quality, patient-centered services close to where people live and work.
The model of care will reinvent the “doctor’s office visit” by focusing on the patient experience, accessibility, wellness and lifestyle. The healthcare consumer is anticipated to be tech-savvy with an expectation of on-demand information using social media and web-based real time data.
The Urgent Care facility covers 31,500 square feet over three floors with Urgent Care located on the second floor, Primary Care on the third floor and OB/GYN and Pediatrics on the fourth floor. The clinic includes exam and procedure rooms, offices and conference rooms, a children’s waiting area, additional waiting and reception areas, and specimen laboratories. The second floor also includes a landscaped terrace garden, which provides a visual distraction and place of respite for patients and staff, as well as a space for larger groups to facilitate wellness events, staff meetings, and presentations.
Vantage provided infrastructure design services which included Technology Room layouts and servicing requirements, cable horizontal routes and vertical risers, conduits and back boxes for outlets and devices, and all associated passive components. In addition, the technology infrastructure also included all cabling for connection of clinical and IT equipment, audiovisual systems, digital signage, kiosks, security systems and access control, surveillance cameras, wireless and nurse call.
“New technology and innovative care models are fully integrated into the hyper-efficient, yet flexible floor plans.” AIA/AAH award announcement
The Urgent Care facility has been recognized with three design awards:
- AIA/AAH 2018 Healthcare Design Award for adaptive reuse of an existing building to a healthcare use
- ENR California 2018 Best Projects Award – Best Project for Interiors/Tenant Improvement in Southern California.
- Los Angeles Business Journal, 2018 Commercial Real Estate Awards – Medical Silver Award
- Collaborated with ZGF to integrate each of the technology elements with the architecture in the spaces, working so the technology complements the architectural features instead of clashing
- Worked with ZGF and Cedars-Sinai to create seamless flexibility within the space’s infrastructure for future technology, without taking away from the architecture
- Coordinated and verified the technology systems needs of the Cedars-Sinai EIS team with the infrastructure being implemented into the architecture of the space
- Infrastructure Design
- IT Infrastructure
- Nurse Call
- Wireless Network
- Client: Cedars-Sinai Medical center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Project Type: Healthcare
- Facility: Physician Office and Urgent Care
- Architect: ZGF Architects
- Size: 31,500 square feet