CAS Classroom Renovation
Boston University (BU) is a private university in Boston, MA and currently enrolls more than 33,000 students.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is BU’s largest academic division and is committed to exemplary teaching, rigorous scholarship and cutting-edge research. The Campus Planning & Operations team regularly upgrades classrooms to re-configure them to align with demand, maximize efficiency, enhance them with new technology and aesthetic updates, and provide more flexibility for team-based learning and class discussion.
Vantage worked with ICON Architecture and BU’s Campus Planning & Operations team to upgrade and renovate 6 classrooms over their summer break in 2018. We provided revised design documentation and construction administration for educational technologies including audiovisual/media systems and IT/data systems.
Our scope covered new presentation systems, interactive systems, smart boards and other collaborative learning technologies, video and web conferencing, video capture, control systems, lecterns and digital signage. As part of our construction administration, we provided technical oversight by reviewing submittal documents and inspected all installed systems.
(Images from ICON Architecture)
- Assisted in solving architectural design challenges in historic building renovation
- Standardized technical design for blended support and maintenance
- Collocated user equipment for ease-of-use
- Construction Administration
- Infrastructure Design
- Needs Assessment/Feasibility
- System Design
- IT Infrastructure
- Wireless Network
- Client: Boston University
- Architects: ICON Architecture
- Location: Boston, MA
- Market: Education
- Project Type: Classrooms and Learning Spaces