Technology Design Consultant
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is looking for an experienced Technology Design Consultant for our Boston office to lead the design and documentation for state-of-the-art audiovisual/IT technology systems.
Candidates must be driven by exceptional response to business development or project needs, prioritization of the client experience over Standard Operating Procedure or off-the-shelf solutions, and a reputation as a creative thinker and advisor in addition to IT/AV engineer with 7-15 years of experience.
We aim to distinguish ourselves by being highly interactive and collaborative, using the best techniques of design thinking, facilitation, and project management to deeply engage with our clients and lead projects to success. We aim to foster a client relationship and creative process that is unique in the New England market and immensely satisfying for us. We are a meritocracy, we believe in empowering each other to do meaningful work; acknowledging the accomplishments of each member while seeking the team wins.
Technology Design Consultant Job Role
Candidates for this opportunity must be able to:
- Maintain and leverage client relationships – including those with architects as well as the end-users we work directly with.
- Lead projects attentively as a project manager, assembling teams and directing others to complete tasks as needed to meet timelines and objectives for all parts of a traditional building project, including:
- Visioning: Facilitate meetings with executive-level client/end-user stakeholders to establish a vision for technology use and design implications and capture in programs, illustrations, or other content
- Communicating: relaying the essential message effectively to the appropriate audience in the best possible format, including written, oral, illustration, or engineering drawings
- Designing: leading others as needed and contributing your own senior oversight to provide comprehensive design documents that are error free, thorough, and prevent questions or project mistakes before they happen
- Oversight / Construction Administration: Engage in learning processes within the firm for constant improvement, including your own contributions to better ways of doing things or supporting your work
- Think outside the box to leverage the full value of our practice outside building projects, including lending your own expertise or tapping into the skills of others in the firm to advise clients on broader technology consulting opportunities, including: budgeting, assessment, workflow optimization, or just knowing when to change the direction of a client meeting and facilitate a meaningful discussion that helps them tackle their challenges.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in an engineering discipline) and a technical knowledge of the audiovisual and/or IT industry sufficient enough to establish a pedigree as a technology expert for your clients. A proactive attitude and excellent written and verbal communications skills are all essential characteristics, as is the proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This position is based in our Boston office and will contribute to projects throughout the company in collaboration with Consultants in all Vantage offices, under the direction of a Principal. The position is full time with some travel requirements, including regular day trips and occasional trips requiring an over-night stay.
Vantage Technology Consulting Group provides both design services (e.g. IT/AV/Security low-voltage design for architectural projects) and strategic technology consulting (e.g. CIO advisory, campus/healthcare technology planning, budgeting/funding, cybersecurity, etc.).
We are a growing company with offices in New York, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco and provide a wide range of technology consulting services for prestigious clients including government, large higher education and corporate clients throughout the world.
Vantage will offer a salary commensurate with experience, a competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental and 401k plan contributions and the opportunity to work in a friendly, collaborative environment with experienced professionals.
Apply for Technology Design Consultant
Please submit applications including a cover letter, resume and references to Michelle Welchhance at email@example.com.