Technology Assistant Project Manager
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in technology visioning, planning, and design for healthcare, higher education, and other market sectors. We provide technology strategy and visioning, infrastructure planning, technology system and application design, and implementation support services for our clients. Our projects are located across the country with industry-leading clients in all sectors. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment.
Vantage is looking for an assistant technology project manager with 0-2 years of experience to join our Design and Engineering team. We are looking for an applicant who has an interest in technology, construction, and learning more about project management in the design and construction field.
As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our clients’ technology vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work.
Why Should You Join Us?
- We have a culture of lifelong learning where you will continually hone your existing skills and learn new ones in both formal and on-the-job training
- You will get to work on exciting and challenging projects for industry-leading clients across the US and overseas where you will make a difference
- You’ll be working in a field that’s constantly evolving, helping your clients deploy and utilize technology systems to improve their operations in a meaningful way, and making a positive difference in the communities we work with
- Our adaptable working practices and collaborative technology systems will allow you to blend working from home and flexible hours to match your particular circumstances
- You’ll work in a small firm, unencumbered by big firm structures, that’s fast, agile, and continuously improving where your voice will be heard, and your opinion valued
- As an entry-level position, there is significant scope for advancement to various positions within the firm.
What You Will Do
As an entry-level project manager, you will support our project managers who manage our design work and deliverables for our clients. You will be responsible for working on multiple projects that vary in size and complexity with different project managers at one time. In particular, you will:
- Support project managers in running logistics and day-to-day management of projects, including but not limited to weekly updates, client communications, meeting preparation, capturing notes and action items for internal and external client meetings, and maintaining project status and tasks in project management software
- Assist with scheduling client meetings and workshops, prepare agendas, and assist with meeting notes
- Assist with formatting documents including book specifications, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, meeting notes, and memos.
- Understand the project scope, assist with regular team check-in meetings, and perform associated project administration tasks
- Assign and explain duties to other staff working on each project
- Document design decisions, meeting notes, and client standards
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines on project design teams
- Assist the project manager with the review of project deliverables and issue them to our clients
- Maintain and develop our client relationships
- Use (and work with other Vantage staff to continuously improve) Vantage’s project management tools, processes, and best practices to ensure a successful project
What You Will Need
We are seeking candidates with strength in some of our preferred skills listed below and a desire to learn and grow in others.
- Developing project management skills; you are a self-starter with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities concurrently while requiring little oversight and/or direction
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate in a remote-working team environment with all levels of coworkers, peers, and clients
- Solid analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- An ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement innovative solutions, including the ability to think outside the box
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, technology, electrical engineering (or a related field) preferred
- Up to 2 years of experience in technology consulting, project management, or a related field
- Flexible hours and work-from-home position
- Occasional travel to client sites, conferences, and the company offices in Concord, MA, and Los Angeles, CA
- Travel to project sites may be required (generally anywhere within the continental US) with typically one or two trips
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) retirement plan, including matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Work-from-home stipend
Schedule: Flexible hours, with an expectation of approx. 40 hours per week
Supplemental pay types: Performance bonus pay
COVID-19 considerations: All employees must provide proof of vaccination and booster
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Preferred)
Experience: Project Management Co-op or internship a plus
Work Location: Remote/Work-from-home
Apply for Technology Assistant Project Manager
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to email@example.com, with “Technology Assistant Project Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.