Are you able to express complex technical ideas well to both technical and non-technical audiences in your writing? Do you support the mission of higher education and healthcare and want a position that works to enable those institutions to be better?
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is seeking candidates for a full-time position working on our strategic technology consulting projects with a special focus on technical writing and project management. This is a remote work-from-home position with periodic travel to client sites, as well as company offices in Concord, MA, and Los Angeles, CA.
What You Will Do
You will bring your interest and knowledge of a variety of technologies, how they are used, and the ability to translate ideas. As a team member you will:
- Work as part of a team using technology writing skills and your ability to translate ideas from project notes into findings, recommendations, and reports.
- Take notes during complex and fast-moving technical meetings.
- Work with project managers to organize project plans and site meetings, and compile agendas and meeting notes.
- Communicate effectively with IT and non-IT colleagues through excellent writing, editing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Develop and continuously improve Vantage work products and templates.
- Assist in business development, marketing, creating project proposals, and managing proposal processes.
- Give back to our profession through contributions to company and external blogs and articles, and through presentations at professional organizations.
- Travel occasionally to project sites, conferences, and firm offices throughout the year.
What You Will Need
We welcome any candidates who are naturally curious, enjoy problem-solving and have a keen focus on attention to detail. Candidates with more than 4 years of professional experience are preferred. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated technology writing skills and relevant experience, and strong organizational/project management skills.
We’re looking for candidates with:
– Interest or knowledge in a variety of technologies and the way they are used, including wired and wireless networking, information security, financial planning, and strategic planning
– Excellent writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills, and the ability to appropriately adjust communication style for internal and external audiences
– Ability to build relationships both within Vantage and with our clients, and work well in a collaborative team environment where tasks are shared and coordinated to serve a larger project objective
– Capable of independently organizing to accomplish goals, exhibiting initiative, managing multiple projects, and adeptly communicating toward task completion to meet internal and external deadlines
– Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite
– Skills in use of project management, graphical, and online brainstorming tools are helpful
– Passion to continuously improve and expand their skills and knowledge
– Knowledge and experience in higher education (preferred, but not required).
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in interrelated information technology design and consulting services. Our experience in system design and strategic technology consulting successfully links strategy, systems, and infrastructure. We have nationally recognized clients in education, healthcare, public sector, and corporate markets.
As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We promote the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to ourselves, our firm, and our various communities. We believe in involving and valuing individuals to create an inclusive and welcoming culture.
You can find out more by visiting our Strategic Services page.
Apply for Strategic Consultant
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as a writing sample, to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Strategic Consultant” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.