Are you passionate about collaborating in a team environment? Do you enjoy providing a new perspective to improve products, services, and processes? Do you support the mission of higher education and healthcare and want a position that helps those institutions to be better?
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is seeking candidates for a full-time position working in our strategic technology consulting practice with a special focus on project and program management. This is a remote work position with occasional travel to client sites, conferences, and the company offices in Concord, MA, and Los Angeles, CA.
What You Will Do
We are seeking candidates who can contribute to some of the position responsibilities and a desire to learn and grow into others. This new role on our team can provide you with flexibility and opportunity to try different ideas and approaches. We welcome any candidates who are naturally curious about technology, enjoy problem-solving, work well both independently and collaboratively, and have a keen focus on attention to detail. If this describes you, please apply! We are excited to meet you.
You will serve as an integral part of our dynamic strategic consulting team on client projects and will be responsible for providing support to our strategic consultants and clients. As a team member you will:
- Provide project management support
- Support project managers in running logistics and day-to-day management of projects, including but not limited to weekly updates, client communications, meeting preparation, capturing notes and action items for internal and external client meetings, and maintaining project status and tasks in project management software
- Update the team/project manager on client communications, meetings, or upcoming deadlines
- Assist with scheduling client meetings, workshops, and focus groups, prepare agendas, and ensure collaboration environments for projects are created and communicated to clients
- Investigate and summarize activities at a variety of institutions related to IT practices, policies, and organizations
- Assist with authoring reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and other project deliverables
- Types of projects you may support with the Strategic team – Strategic Planning, Business Intelligence/Analytics program development, Data Governance, Information Security Controls Assessments, Strategic Advisory Service engagements, Network Modernization, and the Leadership Lounge professional development and mentoring program
- Types of projects you may support with the Technology Vision and Innovation (TVI) team – healthcare and higher education technology visioning, master planning, and developing strategic roadmaps
- Improve internal work products
- Help improve templates and processes
- Ensure process and procedure documentation is up to date
- Support preparation of proposals
- Manage tasks, activities, and pipeline of effort related to proposals
- Support proposal writing, editing, and preparation
- Assist with thought leadership activities
- Generate ideas for and author or co-author blog posts, social media posts, and conference presentations
- Work with Marketing and Strategic teams on social media strategy and content, ensuring that the Strategic team uses social channels effectively
- Manage tracking of upcoming potential conference presentations and marketing plan for strategic team
- Collaborate with the team to help shape this new Strategic Analyst position
- Higher education or healthcare experience is a plus
What You Will Need
We are seeking candidates with strength in some of our preferred skills listed here and a desire to learn and grow in others. We’re looking for candidates with:
- Strong communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop materials appropriate for varied audiences
- Strong organizational skills
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivation, ability to proactively engage, and work independently
- Strong time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize effectively to keep projects running smoothly
- Ability to manage assigned tasks on multiple projects effectively and meet concurrent deadlines
- Collaborative and teamwork skills
- Strong sense of accountability for completing work within defined scope and timeline
- Commitment to working and sharing expertise in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to identify and recommend areas for improvement or simplification
- Desire to learn and support engagements that may be outside your area of interest or expertise to support the mission of the strategic team
- Technical skills, knowledge, and/or ability to learn
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (preferably intermediate to advanced experience)
- Experience with or desire to learn Insightly (CRM), Teamwork (project management software), and Miro (an online collaboration tool)
- Graphic design experience is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Why Should You Join Us?
- We have a culture of lifelong learning where you will continually hone your existing skills and learn new ones in both formal and on-the-job training.
- You will get to work on exciting and challenging projects for industry-leading clients across the US and overseas.
- You’ll be working in a field that’s constantly evolving, helping your clients deploy and utilize technology systems to improve their operations in a meaningful way, and making a positive difference in the communities we work with.
- Our adaptable working practices and collaborative technology systems will allow you to blend working from home and flexible hours to match your particular circumstances.
- You’ll work in a small firm, unencumbered by big firm structures, that’s fast, agile, and continuously improving, where your voice will be heard, and your opinion valued.
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in interrelated information technology design and consulting services. Our experience in system design and strategic technology consulting successfully links strategy, systems, and infrastructure. We have nationally recognized clients in education, healthcare, public sector, and corporate markets.
As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We promote the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to ourselves, our firm, and our various communities. We believe in involving and valuing individuals to create an inclusive and welcoming culture.
You can find out more by visiting our Strategic Services page.
Apply for Strategic Analyst
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as a writing sample, to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Strategic Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.