Senior Technology Consultant
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in technology design for Higher Education and Healthcare as well as K-12, commercial, life sciences, civic, and public market sectors. We provide technology strategy, infrastructure engineering, system design, and implementation support services for our clients. Our projects are located across the country with industry-leading clients in all sectors. As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, and people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment.
Vantage is looking for an experienced technology design engineer/consultant to join our Design and Engineering team. We are looking for an applicant who has strong design skills in building technologies including Audiovisual, IT/Structured Cabling, Security, and other technology and low voltage systems. You may not have strong skills in all of the above, but exposure to and interest in learning is a must.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Consultant, you will work with all members of the company helping to guide design excellence and provide training and support across the firm. You will be responsible for the design of various-sized projects with complex technology requirements. You will also assist in the design, scheduling, and coordination of other team members. In particular, you will:
- Provide independent design of audiovisual, IT/structured cabling, security, and other technology and low voltage systems for healthcare, life sciences, higher education, K-12, mission-critical, commercial, and other market sectors.
- Be responsible for technology design recommendations and design decisions in coordination with other project design teams
- Assign and explain duties to other support staff and designers working on projects
- Document design decisions, meeting notes, and client standards
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines on project design teams
- Provide quality assurance and quality control reviews of your own projects as well as other projects in the firm.
- Maintain and develop client relationships
What You Will Need
– Understanding of the design and milestone delivery phases in the production of construction documents and specifications
– Knowledge of design standards, codes, and best practices
– Ability to perform site surveys and construction punch walks.
– Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, and Revit. Daily use of AutoCAD and Revit not required.
– Involvement with business development and marketing is a must. Internal training can be provided as needed.
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate in a team environment with all levels of coworkers, colleagues, and clients
– Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
– Ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions
– A self-starter with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities concurrently while requiring little oversight and/or direction.
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred
– 5-10 years of experience in related consulting, engineering, or construction field
– RCDD, CTS-D, or equivalent licenses and qualifications. We also offer the opportunity for qualified candidates to attain these qualifications.
– Flexible hours and hybrid office/work from home structure
– Travel to project sites will be required (generally anywhere within the continental US)
– Ideally located near the Concord or LA office. If located elsewhere periodic travel to one of the primary offices may be required.
Apply for Senior Technology Consultant
Please submit applications including a resume to Michelle Welchhance at email@example.com.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.