Technology Consultant – IT
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in technology design for Higher Education and Healthcare as well as K-12, commercial, life sciences, civic, and public market sectors. We provide technology strategy, infrastructure engineering, system design, and implementation support services for our clients. Our projects are located across the country with industry-leading clients in all sectors. As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment.
Vantage is looking for a 5-10 year experienced technology design engineer/consultant to join our Design and Engineering team. We are looking for an applicant who has strong design skills in IT/Structured Cabling and low voltage systems design; experience with other building technologies including Audiovisual and Security, systems is a plus. You may not have strong skills in all of the above, but exposure to and interest in learning is a must.
What You Will Do
As an IT Consultant, you will work with all members of the company helping to guide design excellence and provide training and support across the firm. You will be responsible for the design of various-sized projects with complex technology requirements. You will also assist in the management, scheduling, and coordination of other team members. In particular, you will:
- Provide independent design of IT/structured cabling and low voltage systems for healthcare, life sciences, higher education, K-12, mission-critical, commercial, and other market sectors
- Be responsible for technology design recommendations and design decisions in coordination with other project design teams
- Assign and explain duties to other support staff and designers working on projects
- Document design decisions, meeting notes, and client standards
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines on project design teams
- Provide quality assurance and quality control reviews of other projects in the firm
- Maintain and develop client and industry-peer relationships
- Maintain existing and add new industry certifications (as appropriate) and continue to develop technical and “soft” skills and learning
What You Will Need
- Understanding of the design and milestone delivery phases in the production of construction documents and specifications
- Knowledge of design standards, codes, and best practices
- Ability to perform site surveys and construction punch walks
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, and Revit. Daily use of AutoCAD and Revit is not required
- Involvement with business development and marketing is a must. Internal training will be provided as needed
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate in a team environment with all levels of coworkers, colleagues, and clients
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions
- A self-starter with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities concurrently while requiring little oversight and/or direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in related consulting, engineering, or construction field
- RCDD or equivalent licenses and qualifications. We also offer the opportunity for qualified candidates to attain these qualifications
- Flexible hours and hybrid office/work from home structure
- Occasional travel to project sites will be required (generally anywhere within the continental US)
- Ideally located near Vantage’s Concord (Boston) or Los Angeles offices. If located elsewhere occasional travel to one of the primary offices may be required
Why Should You Join Us?
- We have a culture of lifelong learning where you will continually hone your existing skills and learn new ones in both formal and on-the-job training
- You will get to work on exciting and challenging projects for industry-leading clients across the US and overseas
- You’ll be working in a field that’s constantly evolving, helping your clients deploy and utilize technology systems to improve their operations in a meaningful way, and making a positive difference in the communities we work with
- Our adaptable working practices and collaborative technology systems will allow you to blend working from home and flexible hours to match your particular circumstances
- You’ll work in a small firm, unencumbered by big firm structures, that’s fast, agile, and continuously improving where your voice will be heard, and your opinion valued
Apply for Technology Consultant – IT
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Senior Technology Consultant – IT” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.