Senior Strategic Consultant
Are you passionate about information security and all things technology? Do you enjoy solving technology problems for diverse organizations? Do you support the mission of higher education and healthcare and want a position that helps those institutions to be better?
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is seeking candidates for a full-time position working in our strategic technology consulting practice with a special focus on information security and network architecture. This is a remote work position with occasional travel to client sites, conferences, and the company offices in Concord, MA, and Los Angeles, CA.
What You Will Do
You will serve as an integral part of our dynamic strategic consulting team on client projects and will be responsible for building networks and relationships with clients and potential clients. You will provide information security and network architecture experience and expertise that helps our clients integrate information technology systems into their business operations. As a team member you will:
- Lead Vantage project teams on information security and network design projects; assemble teams and direct others to complete tasks as needed to meet client, team, and project timelines and objectives; organize project plans, site meetings, and compile project materials.
- Review and contribute your expertise to information security and network design project proposals and client service requests.
- Identify and act on firm business development opportunities.
- Communicate effectively with IT and non-IT colleagues through excellent writing, editing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Participate in conferences and events with potential clients to maintain Vantage’s profile in the higher education information security industry.
- Develop and continuously improve Vantage work products and templates.
- Give back to our profession through contributions to company and external blogs and articles, and presentations at professional organizations.
What you Will Need
We welcome any candidates who are naturally curious about technology, enjoy problem-solving, and have a keen focus on attention to detail. Candidates with more than 7 years of professional experience are preferred. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated information security and network architecture skills and relevant experience, the ability to conduct business development, and strong organizational and project management skills.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Advanced experience with daily IT operations, information security operations, and information security best practice frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001, CIS Critical Controls, NIST 800-53, etc.).
- Industry certifications demonstrating subject matter expertise in information security (e.g., CISSP, GIAC certifications, CISM, CISA, CGEIT, or similar) are preferred, but not required.
- Solid experience with basic network architectures and design concepts.
- Solid experience in a variety of technologies and the way they are used from a business standpoint, including financial and strategic planning concepts.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills, and the ability to appropriately adjust communication style for internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge and experience in the higher education or healthcare industries are strongly preferred.
- Ability to build relationships both within Vantage and with our clients, and work well in a collaborative team environment where tasks are shared and coordinated to serve a larger project objective.
- Ability to lead projects, including addressing scope, financial, timeline, and priority needs.
- Capable of independently accomplishing goals, exhibiting initiative, managing multiple projects, and adeptly communicating toward task completion to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Skilled in the use of project management, graphical, and online brainstorming tools are helpful.
- Passion to continuously improve and expand their skills and knowledge.
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in interrelated information technology design and consulting services. Our experience in system design and strategic technology consulting successfully links strategy, systems, and infrastructure. We have nationally recognized clients in education, healthcare, the public sector, and corporate markets.
As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We promote the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to ourselves, our firm, and our various communities. We believe in involving and valuing individuals to create an inclusive and welcoming culture.
You can find out more by visiting our Strategic Services page.
Apply for Senior Strategic Consultant
Priority applications are due January 14; and Vantage will start to review resumes at that time. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Senior Strategic Consultant” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.