Senior IT Consultant – Los Angeles
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is looking for an experienced Senior IT Consultant for our El Segundo office.
Senior Consultants provide project management, consulting services and design of structured cabling, voice, data, audiovisual, security and other low voltage systems.
The role will include:
- Needs assessment to establish a client’s requirements
- An active role in client, design and vendor meetings through the project
- Design, or knowledgeable oversight of design, specification and cost estimating, for:
- Technology rooms (including data centers, MPOE facilities and technology equipment rooms)
- Structured cabling systems to support voice and data
- Systems including voice, data, audiovisual, security and other low voltage systems such as nurse call and distributed antenna
- Oversight of installation, commissioning, certification and sign-off
In addition, Senior IT Consultants are expected to be at the forefront of the technology and should:
- Obtain and maintain appropriate industry qualifications and certifications, such as Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) and Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Actively engage in industry conferences, seminars and forums and updates to ensure that they remain at the leading edge of the industry
- Participate in conferences and events with potential clients to maintain Vantage’s profile in the industry
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- At least five years of experience in structured cabling, VoIP, data networks and other low voltage systems such as audiovisual, security, nurse call, CATV
- BS degree in a related field
- RCDD certification
- A thorough understanding of current NEC, EIA/TIA and BICSI Standards and Best Practices
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent project management skills
The position is full time with some travel requirements, including regular day and over-night stay trips. Vantage offers a salary commensurate with experience, a competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental and 401k plan and the opportunity to work as part of an experienced team in a friendly, collaborative environment. A proactive attitude, excellent written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment are all essential to be successful in this position.
Vantage offers competitive salary, a competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental, 401k plan contributions and Vantage match, flexible hours, and the opportunity to work as part of an experienced team in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Working with the latest and greatest technology at vendor lunch & learns and events that we hold for our clients.
Apply for Senior IT Consultant Position
Please submit applications including a cover letter, resume and references to Michelle Welchhance at firstname.lastname@example.org.