Senior Consultant – Security
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in technology visioning, planning, and design for healthcare, higher education, and other market sectors. We provide technology strategy and visioning, infrastructure planning, technology system and application design, and implementation support services for our clients. Our projects are located across the country with industry-leading clients in all sectors. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment.
Vantage is looking for a 10+ year experienced technology design engineer/consultant to join our Design and Engineering team. We are looking for an applicant who has strong design skills in Electronic Security design; experience with other building technologies including Audiovisual and IT systems is a plus. You may not have strong skills in all of the above, but exposure to and interest in learning is a must. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and be able to step into projects that may already be in design or in construction.
We are also looking for this candidate to have interest and experience in business development (networking, proposal writing, building relationships) with existing connections in the Boston area. Additionally, experience in healthcare design is a plus.
Why Should You Join Us?
- We have a culture of lifelong learning where you will continually hone your existing skills and learn new ones in both formal and on-the-job training
- You will get to work on exciting and challenging projects for industry-leading clients across the US and overseas where you will make a difference
- You’ll be working in a field that’s constantly evolving, helping your clients deploy and utilize technology systems to improve their operations in a meaningful way, and making a positive difference in the communities we work with
- Our adaptable working practices and collaborative technology systems will allow you to blend working from home and flexible hours to match your particular circumstances
- You’ll work in a small firm, unencumbered by big firm structures, that’s fast, agile, and continuously improving where your voice will be heard, and your opinion valued
What You Will Do
As a Senior Consultant, you will work with all members of the company helping to design electronic security systems for various-sized projects with complex technology and end-user requirements. In particular, you will:
- Provide design of security systems for healthcare, life sciences, higher education, K-12, mission-critical, commercial, and other market sectors.
- Assign and explain duties to other support staff and designers working on projects
- Document design decisions, meeting notes, and client standards
- Coordinate design and schedule with other Vantage disciplines
- Provide quality assurance and quality control reviews of your own projects as well as other projects in the firm
- Maintain and develop client and end user relationships
- Assist with RFP and RFQ pursuits including attending walk throughs, client reach outs and proposal writing
- Attend networking events and
- Maintain existing professional qualifications and add new qualifications applicable to security design
What You Will Need
- Understanding of the design and milestone delivery phases in the production of construction documents and specifications
- Knowledge of security design standards, codes, and best practices
- Ability to perform on-site security threat assessments, site surveys and construction punch walks.
- Experience and interest in business development and networking with a willingness to assist in proposal writing and contribute to the growth of the firm. Internal training can be provided as needed.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite and Bluebeam. Knowledge of AutoCAD, and Revit is a must; Daily use of AutoCAD and Revit not required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate in a team environment with all levels of coworkers, colleagues, and clients
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions
- A self-starter with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities concurrently while requiring little oversight and/or direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in security consulting, engineering, or construction field
- PSP, CPTED, or equivalent licenses and qualifications. We also offer the opportunity for qualified candidates to attain these qualifications.
- Flexible hours and work-from-home position
- Occasional local travel for networking and business development to events within the greater Boston area
- Occasional travel to client sites, conferences, and the company offices in Concord, MA, and Los Angeles, CA
- Ideally located near Vantage’s Concord/Boston, MA office.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000 to $140,000 per year plus benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan, including matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Work-from-home stipend
Schedule: Flexible hours, with an expectation of approx. 40 hours per week
Supplemental pay types: Performance bonus pay
COVID-19 considerations: All employees must provide proof of vaccination and booster
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Preferred)
- Security System Design: 10+ years
- Architecture, Engineering, Construction: 10+ years
- Information Technology System Design: 10+ years (Preferred)
- Audiovisual System Design: 5+ years (Preferred)
- Healthcare (or related field): 5-10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote/Work-from-home. Ideally located near Vantage’s Concord/Boston, MA office.
Apply for Senior Consultant – Security
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to [email protected], with “Application for Senior Consultant – Security” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.