Networking, Systems and Security Consultant – Boston
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is seeking candidates for a full-time position, with health and 401k benefits, working on our strategic consulting projects with a special focus on networking, systems and information security. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about information security and network design, enjoy helping diverse organizations, and are excited about contributing to our team.
The consultant will serve as an integral part of our dynamic strategic consulting team on client projects, providing experience and expertise in building and using a body of work to guide the development of information security programs and next-generation networks. Example projects include campus-wide network design and roadmaps, security policy development, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, incident response plans, program strategy and governance, program maturity assessments and roadmaps.
Successful candidates will have advanced experience with daily IT operations and best practice frameworks in one or more areas, such as system administration, networking, and information security. While this is not an operational role, candidates should also be knowledgeable on information security operations and applicable tools. We’re open to a remote work opportunity for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to assist clients with developing information security programs and assessing compliance with information security frameworks.
- Work as part of a team to assist clients with the development of greenfield and upgraded campus network designs and roadmaps.
- Work with project manager to organize project plans, site meetings, and compile agendas and meeting notes.
- Communicate effectively with IT and non-IT colleagues through excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Develop and continuously improve Vantage work product.
- Occasional project-related travel is expected throughout the year.
- Give back to our profession through contributions to company and external blogs and articles, and through presentations at professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced experience with daily IT operations and best practice frameworks (such as ISO, NIST, COBIT, CIS) in one or more areas, such as system administration, networking, and information security.
- Experience in modern approaches to information security operations, network and systems engineering, and applicable tools.
- Experience in the IT portion of construction projects is desired (structured cabling, outside plant, telecom room or data centers).
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills and ability to appropriately adjust communication style for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and work as part of team both within Vantage and with our clients.
- Ability to independently organize and plan your work to meet internal and external deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, demonstrated relevant experience, specialized knowledge or certifications based on formal training, and strong organizational / project management skills. Candidates with more than 4 years professional experience preferred.
We are in search of meaningful work and people motivated to make a positive difference for our clients. We welcome any employees who are naturally curious, enjoy problem solving, and have a keen focus on attention to detail. The candidate must be eager to learn (both with company support and in their own time), be capable of setting and accomplishing goals, exhibit initiative, and work well in a collaborative team environment where tasks are shared and coordinated to serve a larger project objective.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disabilities or veteran status.
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is an independent technology consulting firm with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
We are a rapidly growing community of “thinkers & doers” who apply our technology knowledge to problem solving. We want to make a difference in the world by helping our clients tackle their problems, from pulling together technology that saves lives in tomorrow’s hospitals to helping Universities innovate for tomorrow’s learners. Communicating effectively and thinking creatively are a key part of what we do and value in our work.
If interested, please submit a tailored resume and cover letter that showcases your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Networking, Systems and Security Consultant” in the subject line of your email.