Information Security Consultant
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is seeking candidates for a full-time Information Security Consultant position, with health and 401k benefits, working on our strategic consulting projects with a special focus on information security. We’re open to remote working for the right candidate. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about information security, enjoy helping diverse organizations, and are excited about contributing to thought leadership in information security.
The consultant will serve as an integral part of our dynamic strategic consulting team on client projects, providing experience and expertise in building and using a body of work to guide the development of information security programs. Example projects include policy development, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, incident response plans, program strategy and governance, program maturity assessments and roadmaps.
Successful candidates will have advanced experience with daily IT operations and best practice frameworks in one or more areas, such as system administration, networking and information security. While this is not an operational role, candidates should also be knowledgeable on information security operations and applicable tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to assist clients with developing information security programs and assessing compliance with information security frameworks.
- Work with project manager to organize project plans, site meetings, and compile agendas and meeting notes.
- Utilize excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills to communicate effectively with IT and non-IT colleagues.
- Develop and continuously improve toolkits and templates for program development and assessments as part of Vantage work product.
- Build upon professional body of knowledge by contributing thought leadership articles and presentations at professional organizations.
- Occasional project-related travel is expected throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced experience with daily IT operations and best practice frameworks (ISO 27001/2, CIS Critical Controls, NIST 800-73, etc.) in one or more areas, such as system administration, networking and information security.
- Experience in information security operations and applicable tools.
- Ability to work independently, in Vantage team or in cross-functional client teams, as required.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, demonstrated relevant experience, specialized knowledge or certifications based on formal training, and strong organizational and project management skills. Candidates with more than 4 years professional experience are preferred.
We are in search of meaningful work and people motivated to make a positive difference for our clients. We welcome any employees who are naturally curious, enjoy problem solving, and have a keen focus on attention to detail. The candidate must be eager to learn (both with company support and in their own time), be capable of setting and accomplishing goals, exhibit initiative, and work well in a collaborative team environment where tasks are shared and coordinated to serve a larger project objective.
Vantage Technology Consulting Group is an independent technology consulting firm with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
We are a rapidly growing community of “thinkers & doers” who apply our technology knowledge to problem solving. We want to make a difference in the world by helping our clients tackle their problems, from pulling together technology that saves lives in tomorrow’s hospitals to helping Universities innovate for tomorrow’s learners. Communicating effectively and thinking creatively are a key part of what we do and value in our work.
We provide a wide range of Audiovisual, Information Technology, Building Technology, and Security consulting services for prestigious clients including government, higher education, healthcare, and corporate institutions around North America.
Learn more about the Strategic Services offered by Vantage.
Apply for the Information Security Consultant Position
Please submit a tailored resume and cover letter that showcases your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Information Security Consultant” in the subject line of your email.