Audiovisual (AV) Consultant/Senior Consultant
As part of the Vantage team, you will collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do their best work. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, and people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment.
We are looking for an AV design engineer/consultant to join our growing Design and Engineering team. We are looking for an applicant who has strong design skills in Audiovisual design; experience with other building technologies including IT/Structured Cabling, Security, and other technology and low voltage systems is a plus. You may not have strong skills in all of the above, but exposure to and interest in learning is a must. All positions at Vantage are client-facing, and you will also be responsible for the development of new business with new and existing clients.
You will report to the Director of Engineering in our Design and Engineering business unit.
What You Will Do (Responsibilities)
You will work with all members of the company helping to guide design excellence and provide training and support across the firm. You will be responsible for the design of various-sized projects with complex technology requirements. You will also assist in the management, scheduling, and coordination of other team members. In particular, you will:
- Understand client needs and goals, and build familiarity with each client’s Basis of Design standards, scope, budget, and schedule for assigned tasks.
- Attend, and lead technical meetings, conduct design review sessions, and participate in the QA/QC process for your work and the work of team members.
- Interpret architectural drawings/specifications, models, and construction documents.
- Answer and review construction submittals and RFIs (request for information) from audiovisual integrators, general contractors, and other entities.
- Provide design of audiovisual systems for healthcare, higher education, corporate, and other market sectors.
- Be responsible for technology design recommendations and design decisions in coordination with project design teams.
- Assign and explain duties to other support staff and designers working on projects.
- Document design decisions, meeting notes, and client standards.
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines on project design teams.
- Maintain and develop client and industry-peer relationships.
- Participate regularly in local marketing, business development, and networking activities.
- Attend and represent Vantage at technical and business development industry events.
- Write proposals and attend project interviews.
- Maintain existing and add new industry certifications (as appropriate), and continue to develop technical and “soft” skills and learning.
What You Will Need (Skills)
- Five years of experience in higher education, healthcare, commercial, high-end residential, or industrial design and construction projects.
- Understanding of the design and milestone delivery phases in the production of construction documents and specifications.
- Familiar with major audiovisual manufacturer’s product lines and industry preferred solutions.
- Knowledge of design standards, codes, and best practices.
- Ability to perform and document site surveys and construction punch walks.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam Revu.
- Working knowledge of Revit (This role does not involve using Revit on a day-to-day basis.)
- Team-oriented with the ability to collaborate in a remote-working team environment with all levels of coworkers, peers, and clients.
- A desire to produce a high-quality client deliverable (and “make it better” next time).
- Eager to engage and participate in work and professional communities.
- Proven track record of fostering existing client relationships as well as building new relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to collaborate in a team environment with all levels of coworkers, colleagues, and clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; ability to apply new technologies, concepts, & functionality to solve problems and implement solutions.
- A self-starter with good time management skills, able to manage multiple activities concurrently while requiring little oversight and/or direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Avixa CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D (preferred), or equivalent licenses and qualifications. We also offer the opportunity for qualified candidates to attain these qualifications.
Why Should You Join Us?
Vantage is an independent technology consulting firm that specializes in technology visioning, planning, and design for healthcare, higher education, and other market sectors. We provide technology strategy and visioning, infrastructure planning, technology system and application design, and implementation support services for our clients. Our projects are located across the country with industry-leading clients in all sectors. We strive to provide integrated, value-based, people-focused solutions to technology challenges in an inclusive environment.
- We have a culture of lifelong learning where you will continually hone your existing skills and learn new ones in both formal and on-the-job training.
- You will get to work on exciting and challenging projects for industry-leading clients across the US where you will make a difference.
- You’ll be working in technology fields that are constantly evolving, helping your clients deploy and utilize technology systems to improve their operations in a meaningful way, and making a positive difference in the communities we work with.
- Our adaptable working practices and collaborative technology systems will allow you to blend working from home and flexible hours to match your particular circumstances.
- You’ll work in a small firm, unencumbered by big firm structures, that’s fast, agile, and continuously improving, where your voice will be heard, and your opinion valued.
- Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We are dedicated to continuous learning and development, to creating an ever-evolving inclusive environment, and to promoting the principles of DEI to ourselves, our firm, and our various communities.
The position is full-time with some travel requirements, including overnight trips. Vantage offers a salary commensurate with experience. Vantage offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with match, paid time off, parental leave, professional development assistance and the opportunity to work as part of an experienced team in a friendly, collaborative environment. Bonus pay is based on firm and individual performance. A proactive attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment are all essential to be successful in this position.
- Flexible hours and work-from-home position
- Occasional travel to client sites or project sites
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience, and may fall within our consultant to senior consultant job categories with a salary range from $86,940 to $130,410
- 401(k) retirement plan, including matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Work-from-home stipend
- Paid membership in peer professional societies
- Technology Purchasing Program
Schedule: Flexible hours, with an expectation of 40 hours per week
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay based on firm and individual performance
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Five years of technical experience in higher education, healthcare, commercial, or industrial design and construction projects.
Work Location: Remote/Work-from-home
Apply for Audiovisual (AV) Consultant / Senior Consultant
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to showcase your ability to meet position responsibilities and desired skills to [email protected], with “Audiovisual (AV) Consultant/Senior Consultant” in the subject line of your email.
Vantage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vantage employs and promotes staff members without regard to age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth), marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran or military status, order of protection status, or any other classification protected by state and/or federal law.