University of Washington
Learning Space Assessment
Location: Seattle, WA
Client: University of Washington
Architect: ZGF Architects, LLP
Vantage’s approach on this project stressed the interrelated nature of technology in teaching and learning rooms, central campus systems, technology management and governance policy. To accomplish the work, Vantage coordinated and attended multiple workshops on campus focusing on technology, including lead campus IT and administrative personnel. Key discussion areas included emerging pedagogies at UW as a basis for new classroom configurations and technologies, such as:
- Flip classroom models, massive open online courses (MOOCs), workgroup classroom, Scale Up and other emerging styles.
- Presentation and display systems, in particular wireless connection between student devices and room display devices.
- Opportunities for real time interaction between the lecturer and the students using wireless polling
At the conclusion of the process, Vantage produced a summary report of integrated recommendations and coordinated a formal presentation at the University.
- Strategic Planning
- Benchmarking and Peer Review
- Facilitated Workshops and Visioning Sessions
- Technology Program Development
- Standards Development
- IT Systems Selection and Management
- Audiovisual Presentation
- Videoconference & Distance Learning
- Interactive Classroom Technologies
- Lecture Capture
- Learning Management Systems
- Broadcast System Automation
- Campus Planning, Performance and Cost Analysis