University of New Mexico
Location: Albuquerque, NM
The University of New Mexico, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is a 600-acre education, research and healthcare campus with 35,000 students and 6,900 staff. Vantage has had a multi-year consulting relationship with the University to provide strategic planning, facilitated workshops and visioning sessions, business continuity / disaster recovery planning, infrastructure planning, RFP development, architectural / engineering design support and financial modeling and assessment.
Vantage’s projects include:
- Evaluation of the technology infrastructure across the campus and production of an Information Technology Infrastructure Plan that identified a series of projects to upgrade the existing infrastructure to provide enhanced connectivity, resilience and capacity.
- Production of a PBX Switch Room Risk Assessment and recommendations for construction mitigation for construction of a new six story Hospital Pavilion building over the top of the existing campus Central Office PBX.
- Upgrade of the 11,000 line University Central Office telephone switch, which included the selection and negotiation of a vendor for a new multi-year maintenance agreement.
- Production of a VoIP Transition Plan for migrating UNM’s 22 NEC PBXs to VoIP in a phased, logical manner over five years.
- Development of a Rate Development Business Plan that analyzed the true costs of providing technology services on campus and built a sustaining model to support ongoing investment in upgrades, maintenance and staffing.
- Various other smaller UNM Projects including alarms, video surveillance, emergency notification, and organizational issues.
The upgrade of existing infrastructure and technologies supports the University’s anticipated growth in enrollment and positions it well to provide high quality education to its students for years to come.
Selected Project Experience:
- Infrastructure Evaluation & Master Plan
- PBX Switch Room Risk Assessment and Construction Mitigation
- Facilities Assessment and Remediation Recommendations Report
- Telecommunications Disaster Recovery Plan
- Telecommunications Master Planning
- RFP Development, process management, evaluation, vendor selection, and implementation management
- University Central Office PBX Upgrade
- Wireless VoIP Pilot for UNM Hospital
- Rate Development Business Plan
- VoIP Transition Plan
- PBX Maintenance Contract Negotiation
- Barbara & Bill Richardson Pavilion