University of Denver
Information Technology Refresh Model
Location: Denver, CO
Client: University of Denver
In January of 2010, Vantage assisted the University of Denver (DU) University Technology Services (UTS) with reviewing UTS disaster preparedness plans and suggesting changes and improvements to make those plans easier to use in case of an emergency or major UTS failure. Based on the overall success of that effort, UTS has asked Vantage to provide assistance with another UTS project.
The University was undertaking a campus-wide resource planning initiative. A part of this initiative was to more accurately plan and budget for the “refresh” and upgrade of IT services. Vantage worked with DU UTS to:
- Determine the systems that need to be refreshed.
- Determine the schedule for such upgrades/replacements.
- Determine the cost associated with such upgrades/replacements (capital as well as operational).
- Create a financial model that can be used for predicting funding requirements.
- Provide DU management with sound financial information with which to make informed IT decisions regarding keeping IT equipment up-to-date and fully meeting the needs of the DU community.
- Ensure that the model is easily revisable to address the changing financial picture going forward.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Modeling
- Information Technology Systems
- Improved management
- Planning for future costs to ensure the funding was available when needed
- “What If” capabilities
- Highly flexible model for future cost projections under various procurement scenarios