Shantou Cancer Hospital
Technology System Strategy
Location: Shantou, China
Client: Li Ka Shing Foundation (LKSF) / Aditazz
The stark reality of a high incident rate of cancer confronts China– six patients are diagnosed with cancer every minute according to the 2012 Cancer Registry in China. As China grapples with the crisis, it has adopted an aggressive approach and is opening treatment facilities nationwide. There is however a growing need for cancer research focused on prevention, early detection and treatment specific to the local conditions. Vantage is pleased to be working with Aditazz on the new Cancer Hospital project at Shantou University Medical College, China, sponsored by the Li Ka Shing Foundation (LKSF), a premier charitable institution with education and healthcare as its primary focus. The project will encompass the programming, design and construction of a new Comprehensive Cancer Center projected to have 1,500 beds in the final build-out with a Phase 1 of 300 beds.
Vantage’s scope for the initial phase of work covers the impact of clinical and information technology systems on the three-pronged Lab, Clinical and Population-based Research facilities at Shantou and addresses the need for cutting-edge technology systems needed to support the goals of the Hospital and the adjacent University.
- Strategic Planning
- Standards Development
- System Assessment and Planning
- Unified Communications
- Telecommunications, Wide Area Networks and Data Networking
- IT Systems
- Video Conferencing and Telemedicine
- State of the art technology systems will support the latest in Western and Traditional Medicine
- Integration of healing and research missions to deliver improved outcomes
- Close connections to Shantou University allows the Cancer Hospital to leverage educational technology systems