Santa Monica College
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Santa Monica College is a two-year, public, junior college located in Santa Monica, California. Current enrollment is over 30,000 students in more than 90 fields of study, and Santa Monica College is ranked number one among California’s junior colleges in transfers to the University of California, University of Southern California, and Loyola Marymount University. The College offers a variety of occupational certificate programs, including accounting, fashion design, office information systems, and the Academy of Entertainment Technology (which offers certificates in interactive media and animation). The College also offers logistics and supply chain programs at AAS and certificate level.
Vantage has participated as a part of the design team on several renovation and new construction projects at the main campus in Santa Monica and its Malibu and Bundy satellite campuses. Vantage has provided strategic planning, infrastructure design, technology, audiovisual and low voltage system engineering, design and construction administration services for many projects, including the following:
- Master Planning, renovation and classroom improvements for the College’s 10-4 acre Bundy satellite campus adjacent to the Santa Monica airport. The campus resides in a four-story building (which on upper floors has sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean), and houses the nursing program, teacher-training program, continuing and community education classes, and a host of general-education courses.
- Consolidation of the College’s various Student Services departments into an 86,000 square feet building that will provide centralized access and a one stop service delivery location to more effectively serve students. The building has a raised floor to distribute air, power and technology cabling and support movable wall systems and modular office furniture providing a flexible and energy efficient environment.
- Relocation of the College’s Data Center into a new, resilient facility with room for expansion and enhanced power and cooling facilities.
- Programming for KCRW’s new broadcast studios and offices, supporting thisleading National Public Radio station as it broadcasts to its estimated 450,000 listeners throughout the Los Angeles and Orange County area.
Selected Project Experience:
Follow links for further project details.
- Bundy Satellite Campus
- Classroom Upgrades
- Master Plan
- Tutoring Center
- West Building Renovation
- Data Center Relocation
- Information Technology Department Offices
- KCRW Replacement Studio Program
- Malibu Satellite Campus
- Math & Science Building DPP
- Media Services Building
- Student Services & Administration Building