Mount San Antonio College
Location: Walnut, CA
Mt. San Antonio College is a community college located in Walnut, California. Sitting on 420 acres, it is amongst the largest community colleges in California with 52,954 students. Many of the College’s older buildings served as part of a small military hospital complex up until World War II, and the College has revitalized the campus by renovating and upgrading existing facilities and adding new buildings as a result of a voter approved Bond measure.
Vantage has participated as a part of the design team on many of these renovation and new construction projects as well as working directly for the College on a number of campus-wide technology initiatives. We have provided strategic planning, infrastructure design, technology, audiovisual and low voltage system engineering, design and construction administration services for the College, including the following:
- Upgrade of the campus-wide optical fiber cabling system that supports voice, data and multimedia distribution throughout the College.
- Development and update of information technology and audiovisual standards.
- 210,000 square feet of renovation of natural science, social sciences, English, communication and art history classrooms and the upgrade of instructional technologies within these rooms.
- Renovation of existing 20,000 square foot facility and construction of new 7,000 square foot data center to house campus-wide information technology operations.
- Four-structure Agricultural Sciences Complex, comprising classrooms and laboratories for horticulture, animal science and registered veterinary technology programs.
- Renovation of existing 2-level office Administration Building, including Instruction Division Office, HR Office, Research & Institutional Effectiveness Office, Grants Office, Marketing & Public Affairs Office, Printing Services, Administrative Services Office, and classrooms.
- Founders Hall; 3,800 square feet of the old President’s House with a new 6,000 square foot addition, housing Board of Trustees meeting room, President’s Office, conference/meeting rooms, and dining facilities.
- Construction of a 65,858 square foot Math & Science complex housing 26 classrooms, faculty and division offices, computer labs, lecture halls, learning center, and Exploratorium.
Selected Project Experience:
- Administration Building
- Agricultural Sciences Complex
- Campus-wide Cabling Upgrade
- Campus-wide Media Distribution System
- Classroom Technology Upgrade
- Child Development Center
- Data Center
- Founders Hall
- Gymnasium Building Renovation
- Information Technology Department Offices
- Math & Science Building
- Photo Laboratory
- Physical Education Building
- Science Building
- Staff Center
- Student Services Building
- Technology Standards Development & Update
- Workforce Training Center